Detox Your Life




Why I've Decided To Detox My Life

  Recently I've been under a lot of pressure and I wanted to just share with all of my readers how I've been attempting to cope and just really learning from a lot of my decisions. Usually, I will write my experiences just because I know that someone will be going through the same thing. I know that when I'm dealing with overwhelming situations I look for some sort of guidance from others. It does help to know that people go through similar circumstances and the steps they've taken to overcome them. There have been things that have been derailing me from my life's path, forcing me to completely forget my ultimate goals. It's quite amazing how my attention was not where it needed to be and I didn't even think about that until I was struggling to get back on board. I don't want my readers to think I know exactly what I'm doing! The truth is that everything I write is something that I'm practicing in my own life.


Removing Toxic People From Your Life

  Look, there are people who aren't going to support you. Sometimes your family will refuse to accept whatever decisions you make regarding your life. I've had to distance myself from various people because they are either not going in the same direction, they are negative and never have anything positive to say or they are simply a huge distraction in my life. It will be hard because these people may not be bad people, but they are bad for you! Which is why you will have to love these people from a distance, there are plenty of friends that I love from a distance (hello). Then there are some that you must completely cut off for your own sanity! Have you ever been around someone and you just get worn out?  I'm sure there is a better word for these kinds of people but I think Energy Vampires sounds about right. They suck so much energy from you that you don't have enough for yourself at the end of the day. Everyone does not deserve to be in your life, removing those people who you feel don't contribute to your self-growth journey will feel like a weight is lifted off your shoulders.


Eating to live

I really believe that what you eat can determine how you feel. It is important to take control of your eating habits in a way that benefits your overall health. When it comes to mental health I think that we forget that there are various foods that help support the chemicals in our brain. For instance, if you eat fried foods regularly that can hinder the actual intake of nutrients your body needs to function. I'm not the healthiest person, I know that. I've just become a bit more conscious of the type of foods I put in my body because I know how they directly affect me. In December of 2016, I decided that I wanted to try out vegetarianism. The benefits of this plant-based diet have done wonders for me, mentally and physically. I won't dive into that just yet, I want to make a separate post about that part of my life. As someone who suffers from eczema, I always had to be careful what I ate because of how it directly affected my skin. So with all of this being said, be considerate of the type of food you eat. When you are eating in a healthy manner you will ultimately feel better because you WILL start to feel the positive effects of your diet.

Meditation

  This is a portion that I need to work on myself because I feel as though it does help if you are dealing with stress or anxiety. I think meditating can help detox your life because you are taking that time out of your day to really sit down and just be by yourself, not worrying about things that happened yesterday, two minutes ago or something that may happen in the future. It's so you can actually just slow down and be focused on the present which is something I have a problem doing. I’ve meditated before but I wasn’t as proactive about it as I could have been. If you are a person who finds that the relationship with whatever higher power you believe is not where you want it to be, I feel that meditation could help with that as you will have plenty of time to strengthen your relationship. You will be focused on the present, therefore, you would be able to express yourself to whatever higher power you believe in.

I've watched multiple videos, I've read blog posts and articles about how to meditate but this is my favorite video so far. Make sure you check it out!




A/N: I just want to thank my readers for sharing my blog and continuing to support me. 
Don't be shy and hit that follow button so you don't miss any new content!



No comments