A note to those who are finding themselves (Don't Rush!)

I'm finally becoming the woman I want to be. I can feel myself evolving into the self-loving, shit talking, no-nonsense taking WOMAN! I've spent so much time tearing myself down that I expected other people to build me up. When the whole time it was me...I was the one who stunted my own growth. As much as I love to overthink and make up crazy scenarios to stop myself from doing things I really want to do, I can't be scared my whole life. Life is about taking risks, making mistakes, falling in love without apology, and most importantly doing exactly what you have to do to in order to protect your own energy.
It's crazy how hard it is for us to love ourselves because at the end of the day there is no one that will ever understand you the way you UNDERSTAND YOURSELF.

 I feel as though when we start accepting who we are that is when the journey of self-love emerges from within. Let me be the first to say "I'm not perfect, but I am perfect for me." When I started just accepting everything that I am, I felt free. I know I still have a lot to work on and that's okay for me. Many of us are a work in progress or a draft. A draft is a preliminary version before you have published or have made something official. Before evolving into the person that you’re supposed to be you go through so many edits and revising before you become your true self,  the person that you’re destined to be.

 I had to learn that and I’m still learning that because I get very impatient and think that I have to have my shit together right now. We as people get into the habit of thinking that we have to know exactly who we are and what we want to be right now. This is not true, there are many things that we have to endure before we actually become the person that we are destined to be.

Now back to self-love though, when I started really becoming in love with myself and being comfortable being myself that’s when my journey began. I realized well, I do have things that are not considered "perfect" and I’m OK with that because it makes me who I am.  It took me a while to get to this point of acceptance because I was too focused on the physical vessel that my soul resides. I learned that when you are focusing on the inner person, that’s when you experience a shift in the way you view yourself.  You will become aware of your positive attributes and even the attributes that society correlates with negativity, you know that it doesn’t have a negative effect on how you feel about yourself because you accept the traits that you possess. Whether you want to change these personality traits about yourself is up to you…but think about why you would want to change anything about yourself. IF IT IS BECAUSE SOMEONE HAS TOLD YOU SOMETHING YOU NEED TO CHANGE IN ORDER TO BRING YOU DOWN AND NOT TO ENLIGHTEN OR ASSIST YOU IN BECOMING A BETTER YOU THEN YOU ARE NOT OBLIGATED IN ANYWAY TO CHANGE YOURSELF! Only do what you feel is best for YOU! I'm tired of people altering and being ashamed of who they really are just to feel accepted among friends and other people who are not them. Listen to this, If I have to alter myself just for you to accept me then honey you are not the person I need in my life or in my presence. 

I'm saying all of this to say please take care of yourself, love yourself because you will always understand you and there is no one else out there as unique as you!

2 comments

  1. This is beautifully written. The strongest piece you wrote yet I'll say. I'm glad to know everything is changing for you and to see (read) your growth excites me. You're no philosopher like me lol but you are everything I love! Keep growing, learning, appreciating and experiencing new things TODAY because your soul will thank you in the long run. In-do-rib-ly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said Katherine :)

    ReplyDelete