Mother's Day


Mother's Day

    Today is mother's day, which is when daughters and sons celebrate the queens who brought them into this world. This particular post is dedicated to my mother who I watched struggle to raise me on her own until my teenage years. I've put this lady through hell with my sassy attitude, passed down from her of course. (she may not admit it but it's totally true) I've witnessed sacrifices, tears, sweat and body aches that she put herself through to provide for her family. I know she thinks it goes unnoticed and that's not true at all. Sometimes I take my mom for granted and forget that she won't always be around forever. Instead of cherishing her at all times I focus on my emotions just for the moment and blame her for all the problems we have. I know that my mom always has my best interests at heart, but sometimes I don't have all of the right answers. I'm always trying my best and I just want her to know that I truly am focused on my dreams and becoming a role model my brothers can look up to. I know she may think that I don't take her advice, but I do. A lot of my mistakes could have been avoided if I just asked my mom for her opinion on certain situations. I find that we bump heads a lot but what mother and daughter don't? I'm making this post to tell everyone that no matter how much you and your mom may disagree, just remember she's just looking out for you. I won't begin to pretend that after today me and my mom won't bump heads or get into it but I can guarantee you that I can't stay mad at my mother for too long. I can try and pretend like I don't care, but that isn't true. My mom is so important to me because of what she represents, she is headstrong, selfless and resilient. All of the things I have yet to become, if I could put aside my own emotions in order to do right by others I would be just a little bit closer to being like her. My mom has always supported me in everything I've ever wanted to do. There's nothing like the unconditional love between a mother and her child. You can't find it from another pair of people it's a feeling that is somewhat addicting, everyone craves that love from their mom. I can't bear the thought of not having that feeling. So thank you mom for being there for me when I felt like no one was there for me. Thank you for keeping me out of trouble as much as you could. Thank you for protecting me even when I felt like you weren't. Most of all thank you for all the things you have to give up to keep your family together and happy. 

Thank you Mom

Happy Mother's Day

I love you. 



No comments